If any of the following apply, I am not the professional you are looking for:
1. You no longer think your co-parent is a good person, or worthy of your respect
2. You or your partner has a substance use issue or mental health challenge that impairs the ability to be honest, fair, and businesslike
3. You despise your former partner, and would prefer that they burn in hell (while a certain amount of irritation or frustration is sometimes unavoidable in mediation, we will work through these moments quickly and effectively, so that we stay focused and on task)
4. You and/or your partner refuse to disclose all the details regarding property and finances (in mediation everything is disclosed, there is no 'hiding the ball')
5. You or your partner believes that fighting over every piece of personal property is an effective use of time and resources (personal assets will be quickly and fairly divided in mediation, according to legal principals, saving everyone time and money)
6. You believe your co-parent is incapable of making good, safe parenting decisions
This list is not exhaustive, but you get the point.